The best way to fight breast cancer?
Prevention and early diagnosis
- Diet: Eat plenty of vegetables and reduce how much red meat you eat
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol
- Sport: At least three hours a week
- Prevention and screening: The earlier the diagnosis and the smaller the tumour, the better the chances of recovery.
1 – Clinical examination:
- By a doctor when the contraceptive pill is first prescribed
– Self-examination after your period.
2 – A mammogram:
This is strongly recommended every two years after the age of 50 and even after the age 74. It is also strongly recommended after the age of 40 after consulting your gynaecologist.
3 – Further checks if an anomaly is detected in the mammogram:
Ultrasound, tissue samples, an MRI scan in some cases …